I think the title of this post is a bit misleading. If you must know my take on publicly talking about “getting lucky,” READ THIS. Otherwise, enjoy this extremely nonsexual, gif-oriented post about the luck of the Irish (and non-Irish).
Luck and blessings are kind of the same thing, but I use luck to describe the less important stuff because I’m not convinced that God really cares if I have a good hair day. Let me break it down a little more clearly: Finding a freakishly perfect husband was a blessing, while not having a zit on my wedding day was luck. Equally grateful for both, of course.
In the spirit of St. Paddy’s day, I thought I’d compile a little list of 7 Lucky Things that Happen to All of Us on a regular basis, because 7 is the most standard lucky number and because I want to make you happy. “All of us” refers to people born in the United States with access to the basic necessities in life, like Chick-fil-A and Uber. Who needs to be Irish to be lucky??
1. When the parking meter is broken so you don’t have to pay
2. When you snag the last ticket to an event
3. When red wine spills on the tile instead of the carpet
4. When you’re the last one to make it through the light before it turns red
5. When your phone rings during the loud part of a movie
6. When you walk inside right when it starts raining
7. When the elevator goes all the way to your floor without stopping for someone else
This is the shortest post I’ve ever written, but it’s a holiday, so I get a pass. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! READ THIS HILARIOUS ARTICLE to find out why it’s always Paddy, never Patty.